Community Health Recruitment Campaign
East London NHS Foundation Trust have several nursing vacancies within their community health services in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Bedfordshire & Luton. The challenge is how can we attract the right people to apply for these roles and reduce the dependency on agency staff.
It was decided that the Trust will host a recruitment event providing people the opportunity to meet with existing nursing staff and learn about the benefits and opportunities working at ELFT.
In addition, it was recommended that interview panels be held to offer candidates who were willing to be interviewed the opportunity to receive conditional offers (subject to CRB check and NMC validation).
Several communication activities were implemented to raise awareness of the event, these included:
- Event page set up on Eventbrite
- Created a press release article and placed on the ELFT website -
- A promo video was filmed and produced in-house (see video below)
- Event was highlighted in ELFT Video News
- Implemented and managed Facebook pay-per-click advertising campaign
- Delivered an integrated social media campaign using channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Press release was written and published in the Newham Recorder
- Email marketing was undertaken to contact local universities to share within their channels
- Internal communications campaign undertaken taking to re-plug the ‘refer-a-friend’- staff incentive programme.
Output results are as follows:
- Promo video received over 1400 views on social media.
- Facebook ad campaign obtained 341 link clicks, reach 14,348 people and got 29,17 impressions.
- Our Eventbrite page received 671 views and 38 people registered.
- Over 40 people turned up at the event
- A total of 6 conditional offers were made on the day (band 3 x 2, band 5 x 3, band 6 x 1)
The learning will be taken from this campaign for when future recruitment events will take place.